ONLINE POST-GRADUATE DIPLOMA PROGRAMME
The Online Post-Graduate Diploma Programme s are available on both full-time and part-time basis and are administered in affiliation with the University of Benin, Nigeria.
All lectures are conducted at the training facilities in Maitama, Abuja, Nigeria.
The general objectives of the NILDS PG Diploma are two-fold:
- Equip legislators and legislative staff at all tiers of government with the knowledge and skills required for improved performance of their various legislative drafting, Bill drafting and related functions; and
- Provide opportunities for members of the public who are interested in legislative drafting practices and procedures of the legislature to familiarise themselves with the operating procedures and processes of this branch of Government.
The programme is available on a full-time basis.
Online E-learning is the major method of delivery for the NILDS PG Diploma in legislative drafting programme. In addition, a blended learning approach is utilised. This includes a combination of classroom lectures, online instruction and distance e-learning instruction through the ICT platform provided by the USA based Centre for Computer-Assisted Legal Instruction (CALI). All classroom lectures and the final examination will hold at NILDS Training facilities in Abuja, FCT, Nigeria.
- Structure, Powers & Functions of Legislature
- Drafting Subsidiary Legislation
- Introduction to Legislative Drafting
- Legislative Style, Syntax and Expression
- Legislative Structure and Arrangement
- Research Methods and Report Writing
- Constitutional Law
- Substantive and Penal Provisions
- Drafting Process
- Research Project
- The Democratic Process
- Legislative Oversight and Investigations
- Legislative-Executive Relations
- Parliament and the Citizen
- Parliaments in the Modern World: Contemporary Issues
We offer places to applicants based on their qualifications, experience, references and quality of application (including the personal statement). They should meet the eligibility requirement. Applications are screened diligently.